Prefer is building a platform to power a better future of work. We aim to empower anyone with skills and motivation to succeed as an independent professional. We are an early-stage technology company, founded by experienced entrepreneurs such as Scott Belsky (founder of Behance) and funded by top-tier venture investors such as Benchmark.
We are currently recruiting a Product Designer to join our team. Ideal candidates are fearless problem solvers excited to contribute to a small company in a wide variety of ways.
Position is open in New York City or San Francisco.
- Design and prototype elegant experiences for Service Professionals and Clients across multiple platforms (web, mobile, tablet, messaging)
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering and User Research to ensure a smooth, user-driven product development process
- Execute in a highly fluid environment where thought and initiative are valued
- 5+ years experience building and shipping products for mobile and desktop
- An exceptional portfolio of (shipped) creative product design that showcases your visual and interaction design talents
- Ability to self-manage multiple projects, deadlines and deliverables
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with major stakeholders throughout the design process
- Proficient in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design tools
- Experience developing high-level product strategy
- A passion for solving complex interaction problems with real-world constraints
Bonus Points For:
- Basic HTML/CSS knowledge, including the latest responsive design techniques
- Proficient in using prototyping tools such as Flinto, InVision, Pixate, FramerJS, etc.
At Prefer, you'll be able to…
- Feel empowered by a design-centric team that puts our users front and center
- Know that everything you do will matter. You'll have direct impact and ownership over the direction of the product, company and strategy
- Work with truly world-class teammates who care deeply about this problem and each other
- Solve a problem that directly affects the livelihoods of people who often don't have champions
- Be in a supportive culture that values empowerment, service, hustle, and enthusiasm
Curious? Read more: