Head of Design
Prefer is building a platform to power a better future of work. We aim to empower anyone with skills and motivation to succeed as an independent professional. We are an early-stage technology company, founded by experienced entrepreneurs such as Scott Belsky (founder of Behance) and funded by top-tier venture investors such as Benchmark.
We are currently recruiting a Design Lead to join our team. Ideal candidates are fearless problem solvers excited to contribute to a small company in a wide variety of ways. Be in the front seat of setting the direction of the company during this critical time. This is an opportunity to be an early contributor at a startup focused on having impact on a changing industry while improving the lives of service professionals and the moms, families, and individuals who work with them.
Position is open in New York City or San Francisco.
- Design and prototype elegant experiences for Service Professionals and Clients across multiple platforms (Web, Mobile, Tablet, Messaging)
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering and User Research to ensure a smooth, user-driven product development process
- Collaborate with Marketing to steward an awesome brand
- Execute in a highly fluid startup environment where thought and initiative are valued
- 5+ years experience building and shipping products and features for mobile and desktop
- An exceptional portfolio of (shipped) creative product design that showcases your visual and interaction design talents
- Ability to self-manage multiple projects, deadlines and deliverables
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with major stakeholders throughout the design process
- Proficient in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design tools
- Proficient in using prototyping tools such as Flinto, InVision, Pixate, FramerJS, etc.
- Experience running and consuming UX research to help inform product decisions
- Experience developing high-level product strategy
- A passion for solving complex interaction problems with real-world constraints
At Prefer, you’ll be able to…
- Feel empowered by a design-centric team that puts our users front and center
- Know that everything you do will matter. You’ll have direct impact and ownership over the direction of the product, company and strategy
- Work with truly world-class teammates who care deeply about this problem and each other
- Solve a problem that directly affects the livelihoods of people who often don’t have champions
- Be in a supportive culture that values empowerment, service, hustle, and enthusiasm
Curious? Read more: